|AeroPad Firmware Upgrade Instruction
AeroPad Model: WUA-400
To upgrade the AeroPad firmware, you must have access to a Windows 98/Me/XP computer because the utility program that does the upgrade (WinUpdate) only runs on a PC. WinUpdate will upgrade your AeroPad firmware. Upgrading firmware in any hardware can be a risky endeavor because if anything goes wrong during the flash process, the AeroPad will be damaged permanently and must be sent in to us for repair. Please read the instructions completely and follow the detailed upgrade process to ensure a successful upgrade.
If you do not have access to a Windows computer or if you would rather not attempt to upgrade the firmware yourself, we offer a free program in which you can send back your AeroPad and we upgrade your AeroPad for you for free. The upgrade will be processed immediately upon receipt of your AeroPad. We ship U.S. Post Office Priority Mail on the return trip and the transit time is about 2-3 days for the continental U.S. Please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange to have your AeroPad returned to us for upgrade.
Before you start:
1. Make sure you have a PC running Windows 98, Me,2000, XP, and it is equipped with one available USB port.
2. Do not connect the AeroPad yet.
3. Install the AeroPad PC driver into the PC without connecting the AeroPad. The PC driver for AeroPad can be downloaded here (wua-400.zip, 2.7MB). After the driver is installed, reboot the PC.
4. Now connect the AeroPad to the PC and make sure it is up and running and you can access the wireless network or the Internet.
Now you're ready to update the firmware in your AeroPad.
1. Download the following files to your PC desktop:
2. Run the WinUpdate-0-7-0.exe installer to install the WinUpdate program on your PC. After installation, you should see a menu item at Programs->Prism Test Utilities->WinUpdate. (Your AeroPad should be attached to your PC's USB port, and there should not be any other wireless adapters attached other than the AeroPad.)
11. The update is now complete. Close the WinUpdate application and remove the AeroPad from the PC's USB port. You can uninstall the WinUpdate program and trash the firmware files from your PC because you no longer need them.
For questions regarding firmware upgrade, please contact email@example.com.